Links and resources
- OPC Foundation - the Capital of the OPC World. A host of OPC Specifications, SDKs, sample code and applications, OPC redistributables, white papers, videos, test tools - the list goes on and on. Note that now just registered users can access OPC UA Specifications, and download a significant number of applications, SDKs.
- OPC UA Specifications - an online reference to all OPC UA specifications.
- Thoughts on Process Historians- very well written article from Mina Andrawos.
- http://www.cppreference.com - my favorite full C++ reference - C++98, C++03, C++11, C++17. Has good code samples, which you can even try to modify, compile, build, and run right from the web page. It has also a long list of open-source C++ libraries.
- https://isocpp.org/get-started - Links to C++ compilers, including online ones, on the Standard C++ Foundation web site.
- Tools and utilities:
- Converter of VMWare images to/from Hyper-V images
- DbVisualizer - Cross-platform Java-based Universal Database Tool.
I tried to use it with MS SQL Server and on Windows and with HyperSQL on Ubuntu 14.02. Has a free version and Pro version with more features. Can connect to all major databases.
- https://inkscape.org - professional vector graphics editor for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It's free and open source.
- http://www.online-convert.com/ - free online file converter. Additionally to uploading and converting files manually, it also provides API for programmatical conversion.
- http://jsoneditoronline.org/ - online JSON editor.
- White Papers, HowTo, troubleshooting tips:
- Impressive Youtube video tour on Microsoft Azure Data Centers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ44hEr5DFE
- Nice article about using the C SDK to push data to the cloud: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/iot-hub-device-sdk-c-intro/